Are you looking to help your students be successful with INFORMATION REPORT WRITING? Then you need to grab this resource!
This Arctic Animal bundle will help you to:
- Easily source ready-to-use information about six different Arctic Animals in poster, and read-to-read passages
- Deconstruct the structure of an information report through exposure to information texts
- Deliver no-prep activities in information sorting (habitat, diet, lifecycle etc)
- Scaffold your student note-taking
- Fun, hands-on activities for students to consolidate their knowledge about Arctic Animals.
This set is great for learning about informational texts, learning how to organise information, learning the elements of an informational text about animals.
Here’s what is included:
A collection of handy information report writing teaching resources about six animals (Arctic Fox, Lemming, Musk Ox, Caribou, Snowy Owl, Snowshoe Hare):
✔Animal fact posters and fact-sorting activity
✔Record notes and ideas in a fun foldable mini-book – one for each animal – uses just one sheet of paper!
✔Arctic Animal Reading and Comprehension passages – identify the text structure AND improve comprehension of informative texts.
✔ Arctic Animal Headbands
This resource would work for grades 1-2
Here are some possible uses for these in your classroom:
✿ Use posters as information stations for students to collect information (students this age need scaffolded note-taking)
✿ Use sorting activity in reading groups – one for each animal included
✿ display posters on bump it up walls
✿ reading focus for small group work
✿ use animal headbands to practise recall of animal information
✿ Use reading passages in reading groups or deconstruct as whole class