Australian Animal Information Report Bundle
Are your students writing information reports about Australian animals? Then you need to grab this bundle of resources!
This bundle will help you to:
- Teach information report writing using colourful and engaging resources
- Easily source ready-to-use information about six different Australian Animals in poster format, and easy-to-read passages
- Deconstruct the structure of an information report
- Deliver no-prep activities in information sorting (habitat, diet, lifecycle, appearance, special features, interesting facts)
- Scaffold your student note-taking
- Fun, hands-on activities for students to consolidate their knowledge about Australian Animals and the information report text structure.
Here’s what is included:
✔Animal fact posters and fact-sorting activity – including interactive Seesaw bonus activity
✔Fun foldable mini-books – one for each animal – uses just one sheet of paper!
✔Australian Animal Reading and Comprehension passages – identify the text structure AND improve comprehension of informative texts.
✔ Australian Animal Headbands – perfect for dramatising your lessons. Play hotseat or ‘Who Am I?’
PLUS BONUS – Predators poster + sorting activity (including new sorting sheet with additional space for predators).
Scroll down to see all of the included products!
This resource would work for grades 1-2
Here are some possible uses for these in your classroom:
✿ Use posters as information stations for students to collect information (students this age need scaffolded note-taking)
✿ Use sorting activity in reading groups – one for each animal included
✿ display posters on bump it up walls
✿ reading focus for small group work
✿ Use reading passages in reading groups or deconstruct as whole class