Angle Monsters, Task Cards and Posters for comparing angles.
Are your students learning angles and struggling to identify angles equal to, less than or greater than 90 degrees? Do your students need help understanding greater than and less than?
Angle Monsters are the fun way to teach this concept!
- Each monster’s mouth is a right angle, so identifying angles equal to, greater than and less than 90 degrees is easy!
- Students hold the bottom of the monster’s mouth against one arm/ray of the angle. If the other arm runs exactly along the top of the monster’s mouth, the angle is a right angle and equal to 90 degrees!
- If the arm disappears behind the monster’s body, the angle is greater than 90 degrees.
- If the arm is visible in the monster’s mouth, the angle is less than 90 degrees.
Practise comparing angles using the task cards and angle monsters. Keep angle monsters in student’s desks or at maths centres, ready for students to use when needed.
- angle monster templates (boho colours and B&W) – six to each page
- sheet of B&W eyes – enough for the whole class
- 12 task cards including right, acute, and obtuse angles, some within shapes.
- Angle posters for right angle, obtuse angle, acute angle, straight angle and reflex angle – all in boho colours.