Are you looking for a fun and educational Christmas writing activity? Writing a letter to Santa is a festive season favourite, but it’s also a fantastic way to practise writing friendly letters! In this fun resource, you’ll get teaching and learning slides, fun ‘Letter to Santa’ templates, and Christmas-themed envelope templates so your students can have the complete letter-writing experience!
Your students will love writing a letter to Santa, a family member, relative or a friend.
You will get:
- PowerPoint slideshow with step-by-step instructions on how to write friendly letters including Date, Greeting, Reason for Writing, Body (Question/Hopes/Wishes), Closing and Signature.
- Writing templates and papers + printable examples
- An interactive notebook writing scaffold
- Seven envelope templates, each with a different Christmas-themed stamp.
In your classroom you could use this as:
- Your ‘letter to Santa’ Christmas writing activity
- Friendly letters writing group rotation activity
- Christmas writing station
- Part of a dramatic play centre
There are lots of fun way to incorporate friendly letter writing in your classroom!