Learning about famous Aboriginal Australians – One Pound Jimmy
Who is the man on the $2 coin? This resource details the story of Gwoya Tjungurrayi, the man on the Australian $2 coin.
Here’s what is included:
‘The Man on the $2 Coin’ resource includes:
- PDF document that can be viewed as a slideshow presentation
- Questions for students to answer before and after learning
- Information about GwoyaTjungurrayi suited to a young audience
- Wristbands featuring the $2 coin and boomerang images, to colour and decorate
- ‘Ask me’ badges for students to wear after learning about ‘The man on the $2 coin’
- ‘Design a coin’ templates (two versions)
This resource would work for students in grades 2-4!
Here are some possible uses for these in your classroom:
✿ commemorative days and weeks
✿ eminent Australian studies
✿ assembly presentations