Get spooky with these scaffolded Halloween writing prompts, perfect for Halloween narrative writing.
Five sentence stories are a powerful way to teach students how to construct a narrative. Writing five descriptive sentences to outline each stage of the narrative, helps your students to successfully complete their stories. No more unfinished stories!
The ‘five sentence story’ scaffold includes opener/hook, orientation, complication, solution & resolution.
Here’s what is included in this resource:
PowerPoint slideshow with eleven different Halloween-themed prompts for displaying on your whiteboard:
- Original five sentence story prompts
- Prompts that include different story openers: onomatopoeia, description, complaint, feeling, exclamation, repetition, adjectives, flashback, fact.
- Blank slide for adding your own!
- Primary lines, red and blue lines, and plain lines included.
- Use on your whiteboard or for distance learning.
Five Sentence Story Posters:
- Character ideas
- Setting ideas
- Adjective ideas
Easy to differentiate!
You will find your lower writers will finally give you complete stories, while your talented writers will fill a page with just five sentences!
When students nail this process, they are ready to use these sentences as topic sentences for narrative paragraphs.