If you are using the magical book, Room On The Broom in your classroom, this is a fantastic resource for you.
Perfect for creating a Bump It Up Wall or Learning Wall, this resource includes detailed images of characters, events and items from the story. You can create a Bump It Up Wall with five levels of images.
It also includes EDITABLE ‘I Can’ statements/success criteria for Year One – RETELL. These include embedded fonts and can be edited to add your own statements, or modified to suit a different text type.
So what is included?
Room On The Broom Display Kit Includes:
- Large images for each level
- Small images for each level
- Numbers for each level
- EDITABLE ‘I can’ statement cards – prewritten for Year One Retell, but EDITABLE with embedded fonts – just type in the text box to edit!
- Learning Intention and Success Criteria posters
- Bulletin board cut-out saying from the book
- Name labels
- Plain labels
- Bunting letters “BUMP IT UP” and “ROOM ON THE BROOM”
- Level labels (GOOD, GREAT, AMAZING, WOW!, MAGICAL)
- Character cards
- Lost item cards
- Cauldron blackline images for name tags or goal-setting
- Learning goal slips
- Learning goal achievement slips
This resource would work for grade 1!
Here are some possible uses for these in your classroom:
✿ learning walls
✿ bump it up walls
✿ modelling how to ‘bump it up’
✿ match the annotations to the criteria