Are your students writing famous landmark information reports? These scaffolded writing sheets will help your students to research and write all about their chosen landmark. These scaffolds take students back to basics in their information writing, guiding them with space to take notes, and sentence stems.
There are 21 landmarks included – each landmark writing scaffold includes a picture of the landmark and space to take notes. Then, students are given sentence starters to write sentences.
This resource includes:
- 21 landmark writing scaffolds
- Each scaffold includes title, student name, picture of landmark, spaces to take notes (location, description, history, significance), writing lines for students to complete the sentences.
- Sentence stems include, The landmark is…, It has…, The landmark is found…, It was…, It is famous for….
- Eiffel Tower: Paris, France
- Big Ben: London, UK
- Sydney Opera House: Sydney, Australia
- Pyramids of Giza: Cairo, Egypt
- Moai Heads: Easter Island, Chile
- Taj Mahal: Agra, India
- Leaning Tower of Pisa: Pisa, Italy
- Christ the Redeemer: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Colosseum: Rome, Italy
- Great Wall of China: Beijing, China
- Golden Gate Bridge: San Francisco, USA
- Parthenon: Athens, Greece
- Petra: Petra, Jordan
- Washington Monument: D.C., USA
- Japanese Gates: Kyoto, Japan
- Dutch Windmills: Kinderdijk, Netherlands
- Uluru: Northern Territory, Australia
- CN Tower: Toronto, Canada
- Arc de Triomphe: Paris, France
- Chichen Itza: Yucatan, Mexico
- Burj Khalifa: Dubai, UAE