Bump It Up Walls and Learning Walls are a fantastic way to make learning visible in your classroom, and to level-up your teaching!
Writing your own samples can be really time consuming! Save time with these poetry writing samples, with annotations aligned with the Australian Curriculum.
You can choose to display samples as a bump it up wall, or use the ‘above’ samples as your aspirational examples on your learning wall.
This kit includes:
• Traditional poems for displaying and deconstructing, (Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, One Two Buckle My Shoe, Five Little Owls)
• Innovations of traditional poems at three different levels
• Original poems constructed using known poetic structures at three different levels (Senses poem, Diamante poem)
• Levelled annotations for each sample that are aligned with Australian Curriculum assessment standards
• Annotations relating to each writing sample, so that the decisions made to level the text are clearly explained
An ‘I Can statement’ student feedback/self-monitoring CHECKLIST is included! EDITABLE version included in this resource!
Provide feedback on student writing using the checklist – a powerful tool to show students exactly what they need to do to improve.
Show your students HOW to improve their work by deconstructing each text, and then use the annotations to guide them to the next level. Powerful stuff!
Fonts include: generic, QLD Beginners, NSW Foundation, SA, TAS, VIC Modern Cursive.