Are your students completing an animal research project or learning about animal information writing? These animal report writing templates are perfect to help your young students write about their chosen animal! Each animal research template aims to develop animal information writing, with simple scaffolding for early learners.
Your students will love using these templates for their animal research projects. There are 25 animal report writing templates included – each animal research template will help your students to stay organized and focused. The graphic organizers and sentence starters are a lifesaver for young writers. Your students will love choosing an animal, labeling its physical characteristics, and then writing interesting sentences.
This animal information writing resource includes:
- 25 animal report writing templates
- Each template includes title, student name and date, picture of animal, spaces to label animal, sentence stems (ARE, HAVE, CAN, LIVE, EAT), writing lines for students to complete the sentences.
- You can guide students to classify their animals (ARE), describe them (HAVE), share interesting facts and life cycle information (CAN) detail their habitat (LIVE) and their diet (EAT). These sentence stems can later become headings.
Animal report writing templates include a range of interesting animals from around the world and all environments:
- Arctic Fox
- Snowy Owl
- Polar Bear
How you can use these animal report writing templates in your classroom:
- Students can complete their animal research projects individually or in cooperative pairings or small groups, allowing the children to learn with and from each other.
- Complete animal research projects in literacy to encourage descriptive writing
- Include as a fast finisher activity or home learning project
- Plan for a sharing expo where the students can showcase what they learned.
- Create an ‘animal’ wall full of factual information that students can use in their daily writing.