These ANZAC Day writing prompts help your students share their thoughts and ideas about what ANZAC Day means to them. Use across a week of commemorations, exploring different ANZAC Day themes, accompanied with student printables suitable for creating a classroom display.
To set up this ANZAC Day activity you will get PowerPoint prompts for displaying as a whole class, and a matching set of printables for individual responses – of course, students could write their responses in their HASS or English book instead.
This ANZAC Day Writing Prompts resource includes:
- Full-colour PowerPoint with 12 ANZAC Day writing prompts
- Blank PowerPoint ANZAC Day-themed slides for creating your own prompts
- Australian and New Zealand ANZAC Day images (different ANZAC poppy and war memorial images)
- Writing prompt printables
- All prompts include a writing checklist and CUPS editing checklist, reinforcing good writing.
- Printables include primary and plain lined versions; PowerPoint has a blank space for brainstorming ideas and for teachers to model example responses.
This range of prompts can be used from Grade 1 to Grade 5 with questions ranging from Why is ANZAC Day important to you? to Why do we have national commemorations and celebrations?