Teach your students everything they need to know about persuasive writing with these no-prep persuasive writing lesson slides. This resource has 205 teaching and learning slides, easily organised with a hyperlinked menu and suggested 25-lesson teaching sequence.
Teach your students through everything they need to know about persuasive writing: forming opinions, supporting with evidence, persuasive structure, language features of persuasive texts and more!
These slides even include step-by-step guided writing slides to help students write a complete persuasive/opinion text.
This resource includes:
- 205 colourful and engaging slides in PowerPoint and Google (PDF link included)
- Hyperlinked menu so you can find concepts easily
- 25-lesson teaching sequence with hyperlinks to suggested slides
- Slides covering: Introduction to the genre, forming opinions, brainstorming reasons, supporting with evidence, paragraph structure, concluding statements, transitions for persuasive texts, language features including modality, hyperbole, emotive language, rhetorical questions, and grammar and punctuation.
- Student checklists at different levels
- Guided writing step-by-step slides for persuasive structures that include two, three or four reasons.
Your students will love the simplicity of the structured slides and see real improvement in their writing.
Prep is super easy – check the contents to pick and choose activities you’d like to use, rearrange slides if needed, and duplicate the blank templates to add in your own examples.